Welcome to Expanded Apps FAQs. Please find answers below to the most frequently asked questions about our mobile apps. We’re always available to provide support and to answer any additional questions you may have so please don’t hesitate to get in touch. We love to get feedback on our apps and are always working to improve them for our users. Contact us anytime!
How can I make a bulk purchase for my institution?
We can provide custom versions of our apps to suit the needs of your institution. We will make any app you choose available through Apple’s Volume Purchase Program. This approach is ideal if you’d like to purchase multiple copies which are managed centrally. With Apple’s VPP program, we also can offer customization, such as additional screens with branding and specific information for your users (at an extra cost), if desired.
If you would like to make a bulk purchase, please contact us to discuss the details.
I purchased your app but the full app didn’t download.
Because the file size of our applications is large, the complete IOS app is downloaded once after purchase and then it is accessible from within the app itself without an internet connection. Due to the large file size, sometimes the download is interrupted by an unsteady or slow internet connection. If this happens the download was most probably incomplete. To complete it, please relaunch the app by taking the following steps:
* Click the menu button twice, i.e. round, home button on iPad/iPhone
* This will push the dock up and you will see all the open applications that are running in the background.
* Slide the app’s screen up to the top of the device to close the application.
Relaunch the application and the download will resume until the files are completely installed on your device.
After relaunching the app, if there are any difficulties accessing the content, you can delete the app, reinstall it, and download again at no charge. Apple has records of your purchases and you can download the app as many times as is needed without additional charges, even though you go through the purchase process as if you were paying.
For the Fat Flush App, if you used the “Buy All” feature the first time you made the purchase, please be sure to use it again for reinstallation. If you purchase the in-app purchases individually and they were originally purchased using the Buy All button you will be charged again.
I need to reinstall the app but I’m being asked to pay again. What should I do?
The way our IOS applications are built, with the in-app purchase model, you need to go through the purchase process again each time you reinstall the app. Be sure to log in with the same username with which you made your original purchase and buy the app again. You will not be charged a second time by Apple. Eventually, you will reach a screen which says, “You have already purchased this item, do you want to download again?” Click “Yes” and you’ll be all set.
How can I install the app I purchased on multiple devices?
The way our IOS applications are built, with the in-app purchase model, you need to go through the purchase process again to install the app on a different device. Be sure to log in with the same username with which you made your original purchase and buy the app again. You will not be charged a second time by Apple. Eventually, you will reach a screen which says, “You have already purchased this item, do you want to download again?” Click “Yes” and you’ll be all set.
I changed my Apple ID. How do I access the apps I purchased with my old Apple ID? I am not able to restore them.
Please contact the App Store to resolve this issue. The contact information is on your purchase receipt for the app. Since Apple manages your User ID and App Store purchases, they can help you associate your app purchases with your new Apple ID.
How do I locate the iPhone/iPad App Crash Logs
If an app is freezing or crashing regularly, we may request crash logs to help us diagnose what’s happening with the app. Crash logs contain information about what the app was doing just prior to the crash. To find a log file, please sync your IOS device (iPhone or iPad) by connecting it to iTunes. Then, locate the correct log file for the app using the information below (path differs depending on your OS). The log file’s name should start with the app’s name.
1. Sync with iTunes
Crash logs are transferred to iTunes whenever you sync your device. Plug in your device, and launch iTunes to complete the sync.
2. Retrieve the Crash Log
1. Open Finder (found in the Dock)
2. Click on the ‘Go’ menu at the top of your screen, and select ‘Go to Folder’
3. Type (or paste): ~~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice//
4. Open the folder with the same ‘name’ as your device. (Note: your device name appears in iTunes on the left side, under ‘Devices’).
5. You will see a file with the name of the app. Copy that file to your desktop or another location of your choice.
6. Attach the file(s) to an email. Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Windows Vista/7 Users
1. Open any Windows Explorer Window (My Computer, My Documents, etc.)
2. Enter %appdata%, and press enter
3. Navigate to C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Apple computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice\\* Device Name*. (Note: your device name appears in iTunes on the left side, under ‘Devices’)
4. You will see at least one item starting with the app name. Copy that file to your desktop or another location of your choice.
5. Attach the file(s) to an email. Send to :email@example.com
Windows XP Users
1. Locate your Application Data folder. C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\
2. Navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Apple computer > Logs > CrashReporter > Mobile Device > *Device Name*. (Note: your device name appears in iTunes on the left side, under ‘Devices’)
3. You will see at least one item starting with the app name. Copy that file to your desktop or another location of your choice.
4. Attach the file(s) to an email. Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I get a refund?
Please contact the App Store to request a refund. Apple stores your credit card information associated with your account so only they can process refunds for you. The contact information is on your app purchase receipt.